From 20 January to 31 March 2016, charge a minimum of S$1,000 overseas in foreign currency to your Maybank VISA credit card and receive S$120 cash rebate!
- Valid from 20 January to 31 March 2016
- Valid for all Maybank visa credit cards
- A maximum of 3 Overseas Retail Transactions may be combined to redeem 1 Cash Rebate unless otherwise notified by Maybank.
- Limited to 350 redemptions only.
How to redeem
- Charge a minimum of S$1000 on your Maybank Visa credit card for your overseas retail purchases.
- Send an SMS in the following format to 79898, between 20 January to 31 March 2016.
<MBVISA><Name of Principal Cardmember><NRIC><Quantity>
E.g. MBVISA Jasmine Tan S1234567A 1
Terms and conditions for Maybank VISA Overseas Spend Rebate (“Promotion”)
- Overseas retail transactions of the equivalent of a minimum aggregate amount of S$1,000 (“Minimum Spend”) in foreign currencies (“Overseas Retail Transactions”) must be charged to a Singapore-issued personal Maybank VISA Credit Card (“Card”) from 20 January to 31 March 2016 (“Promotion Period”) in order to redeem a cash rebate of S$120 (“Cash Rebate”).
- Overseas Retail Transactions must be made in foreign currencies. For the avoidance of doubt, overseas retail transactions made in Singapore currency will not be accepted as the required Minimum Spend.
- Overseas Retail Transactions charged by the Maybank Principal VISA Credit Cardmember (“Principal Cardmember”) and his/her Supplementary Cardmember (if any) may be combined to meet the Minimum Spend and used only once to redeem the Cash Rebate. A maximum of 3 (three) Overseas Retail Transactions may be combined to meet the Minimum Spend and redeem 1 (one) Cash Rebate unless otherwise notified by Maybank.
- To be eligible to make a redemption, Principal Cardmembers must send an SMS to Maybank after they have charged the Minimum Spend to their Card(s) during the Promotion Period. If Maybank receives an SMS in the format as specified by Maybank within the Promotion Period, the Principal Cardmember will receive an auto-reply SMS from Maybank acknowledging receipt of the SMS. An auto-reply SMS from Maybank does not constitute eligibility for redemption. Maybank will not consider any SMS sent in the wrong format, any SMS with incorrect details or any SMS sent prior to the Minimum Spend being charged to the Cardmember’s Card account. Proof of sending an SMS does not constitute proof of Maybank’s receipt of the SMS. Any SMS sent in the wrong format will not receive an auto-reply from Maybank. For the avoidance of doubt, only Principal Cardmembers who send an SMS in the correct format with the correct details after charging the Minimum Spend to their Card accounts shall be eligible for the redemption (the “Eligible Cardmembers”).
- The Cash Rebate is on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to the first 350 eligible redemptions by Eligible Cardmembers only (the “Succesful Cardmembers”). Each Principal Cardmember is eligible to receive a maximum of two (2) Cash Rebates only, regardless of the number of credit cards held by the Principal Cardmember or the number of Cardmembers per account. Supplementary Cardmembers are not eligible to redeem the Cash Rebate.
- The Cash Rebate will be credited to the Successful Cardmember’s Card account 30 (thirty) days after the eligible Overseas Retail Transaction(s) for the Minimum Spend is/are made or on another date as Maybank may determine.
- Overseas Retail Transaction(s) charged to the Card will not be taken into account as the required Minimum Spend where the redemptions and/or rebates offered by Maybank in respect of other promotions on the Card is 5% or more and/or TREATS Points offered is 10 (ten) times the amount charged.
- The transactions charged to the Card which will not be taken into account as the required Minimum Spend includes (but not limited to):
- Transactions used for other Maybank promotions (e.g. Charge and Redeem)
- 0% Instalment Plan transactions
- FlexiPay, FlexiCash, Fund Transfer and Cash Advance transactions
- Fees and charges (e.g. annual fees, interest charges, finance charges, cash advance fees, late charges, cheque processing fees and other miscellaneous fees and charges etc.)
- Recurring Bill Payments
- Income Tax Payments
- Payments at government agencies (e.g. The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, Ministry of Manpower, Singapore Land Authority, SP Services etc.)
- Payment to financial institutions (e.g. banks, securities brokerage firms, insurance companies etc.)
- Payment of funds to pre-paid accounts (e.g. EZ-Link transactions, Transit Link transactions etc.)
- Online payment gateway transactions (e.g. PayPal, Skrill and Bidpay etc.)
- Online gambling website transactions
- Transactions that receive 5% or more rebates offered by Maybank in respect of other promotions on the Card (regardless of whether or not a Cardmember receives the full rebate) and/or ten (10) times or more TREATS Points on the amount charged
- Any transaction deemed to be of a business and/or corporate nature
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotions carried out by Maybank unless otherwise stated by Maybank.
- Maybank reserves the right to exchange or substitute the Cash Rebate at its sole discretion without prior notice or liability to any person.
- In the event where (i) there should be no Overseas Retail Transaction(s), (ii) the Overseas Retail Transaction(s) used for redemption be cancelled or reversed by any party for any reason and at any time, (iii) there should be a repeated redemption using the same Overseas Retail Transaction(s) for this Promotion or other Maybank promotions, or (iv) it is determined by Maybank that a Successful Cardmember has breached one of the terms stated herein, Maybank reserves the right to reverse the Cash Rebate redeemed.
- Maybank reserves the rights in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions, or withdraw, suspend or discontinue this Promotion at any time without prior notice or liability to any Cardmember and/or any person. Maybank has the sole discretion to exclude any person from participating in this Promotion and Maybank’s decision on all matters with regard to this Promotion shall be final, conclusive and binding on all cardmembers.
- Maybank, its related corporations, employees and/or independent contractors shall not be liable to any person for any loss, injury, liability, expense or damage whatsoever or howsoever incurred or sustained by the Cardmember and/or any other person by reason of, arising from or in connection with this Promotion or for any other reason.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these term and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- All prevailing and relevant terms and conditions governing Maybank VISA Credit Cards shall apply. For full details, please visit www.maybank2u.com.sg.