This article will explain how Uber works, and show you how to get your first trip FREE (up to S$15. Limited Time Offer. Normal S$10).
What is Uber?
Uber is a software for real-time taxi / car bookings. It got few types of Uber in Singapore Market:
- UberTaxi: Price is the same as normal taxi, plus booking fees. Normally not applicable for FREE rides.
- UberX: Price is slightly higher than normal taxi.
- UberExec: Price is 2 times or more than UberTaxi.
UberX & Fare calculation
UberX is private car. The price is slightly higher than normal taxi, without booking fees. The following figure shows how the fare was calculated.
FREE Taxi Ride with UberX
As a new customer, you could get your 1st Taxi Ride FREE with UberX:
- Register using our referral link or enter “UBERSGTIPS” during registration to get a FREE Taxi Ride (worth S$15. Limited Time Offer. Nomral S$10).
- Login to Uber website & change the “Gratuity for TAXI” to 0 (default: 20%)
Payment -> Gratuity for TAXI
- Download Uber App
- Check your FREE Rides: Payments->FREE Rides
- Choose UberX
- Set Pickup Location & Start your FREE Ride
Registered, but forgot to use any code?
No problem, you can always enter the code UBERSGTIPS (1st time ONLY) & apply in your app.