This article will talk about these high interest current accounts in Singapore, exclude these fixed deposit accounts, temporary promotional accounts etc. Please indicated source (sgtips.com) if you want to reprint this article.
|Account Name||Maximum EIR*||Deposit Cap||Criteria|
|BOC MCS Account||2.3%1||S$60,000||Base 0.25~0.4% p.a.
Card Spend 0.8% / 1.6% p.a.
Salary Credit 0.8% / 1.2% p.a.
Bill Payment 0.35% p.a.
|Maybank SaveUp Account||3.0%||S$50,000||Base 0.25 p.a.
Bonus Interest 2.75% p.a.
|UOB One Account||2.43%||S$50,000||Base 0.05% p.a.
Card Spend + Credit Salary (or 3 GIROs)
|OCBC 360 Account||1.85%1||S$70,000||Base 0.05% p.a.
Card Spend 0.3% p.a.
Salary Credit 1.2% p.a.
Bill Payment 0.3% p.a.
|DBS Multiplier Account||2.08% ／ 2.68%||S$50,000||Vary based on total monthly banking with DBS or POSB|
*EIR: Effective Interest Rate
1 Excludes bonus interests only applicable to small group of people.
2 Based on generic cases.
BOC SmartSaver (BOC MCS Account)
Enjoy up to 3.35% p.a. interest for your first S$60,000 savings:
- Base Interest
- Below S$5,000: 0.25% p.a.
- S$5,000 and above: 0.275% p.a.
- S$20,000 and above: 0.35% p.a.
- S$50,000 and above: 0.4% p.a.
- Bonus Interest
- Spend Bonus 0.8% / 1.6%: Spend at least S$500 / S$1500 in total across your BOC credit cards or debit cards.
- Salary Bonus 0.8% / 1.2%: Credit your salary of at least S$2,000 / S$6,000.
- Payment Bonus 0.35%: Transact 3 bill payments (at least S$30 each) from your BOC MCS Account.
- Generic EIR: 0.4% + 0.8% + 0.8% + 0.35 = 2.35% (Deposit: S$50,000~S$60,000)
- Tips: Use BOC Family Card to fulfill S$500 card spend (with extra up to 5% rebate on online shopping or other special shopping purpose). More details, more BOC cards & promotions:
- More on BOC SmartSaver:
Maybank SaveUp Account
Enjoy up to 3.0% p.a. interest for your first S$50,000 savings:
- Base Interest
- First S$3,000: 0.1875% p.a.
- Next S$47,000: 0.25% p.a.
- Remaining balance Above S$50,000: 0.3125% p.a.
- Bonus Interest: Extra 2.75% by adding no less than 3 products
- Salary Credit (“Service”): Minimum S$2,000 per month via GIRO and Maybank Payroll
- Outward GIRO: Minimum total transaction amount of S$300 per month (Exclude payments to Maybank).
- Platinum Visa Credit Card: Charge a monthly minimum spend of S$500 on the Card to qualify.
- More “products” for loans & insurance etc.
- Maximum EIR: 0.25% + 2.75% = 3.0% (Deposit: S$50,000)
- Linked Credit Card: Platinum Visa Credit Card
UOB One Account
|Earn up to 2% interest p.a.^||Earn up to 3.33% interest p.a.^|
|Account Balance in your UOB One Account||Meet Card Spend of S$500||
- Maximum EIR: (1.5% + 2.0%*2 + 3.33%*2) / 5 = 2.43% (Deposit: S$50,000)
- Tips: Use UOB One Card to fulfill S$500 card spend (with extra up to 5% rebate on all purchases shopping). More details, more UOB cards & promotions:
- More on UOB One Account:
OCBC 360 Account
Enjoy up to 1.85% p.a. interest for your first S$70,000 savings when you:
- 1.2%: Credit your salary of at least S$2,000.
- 0.3%: Pay at least 3 bills online or through GIRO with a total amount of at least S$150.
- 0.3%: Spend at least S$500 in total across your personal OCBC Credit Cards.
- 0.6% / 1.2%: Insure or invest with OCBC. Earn 0.6% or 1.2% per year for 12 months, depending on the qualifying amount.
- Maximum EIR: 0.05% + 1.2% + 0.3% + 0.3 = 1.85% (Deposit: 0~S$70,000)
- Tips: Use OCBC 365 Card to fulfill S$500 card spend (with extra up to 3%/6% rebate on online shopping, dinning etc.). More details, more OCBC cards & promotions:
- More on OCBC 360 Account:
DBS Multiplier Account
Enjoy up to 2.08% p.a. interest for your first S$50,000 savings when you:
|Total monthly banking* with DBS or POSB||Interest Rate (p.a.)1|
|S$7,500 to < S$10,000||1.08%^|
|S$10,000 to < S$12,500||1.28%|
|S$12,500 to < S$15,000||1.48%|
|S$15,000 to < S$20,000||1.68%|
|S$20,000 and above||2.08%|
* Total monthly banking refers to:
- Salary credit into your account
- Credit Card Spend
- Home loan instalment
- Investment dividends
- Maximum EIR: 2.08% (Deposit: 0~S$50,000)
- Tips: Use DBS LiveFresh Card to enjoy extra 6% rebate (till 31 Dec 2015) + 3X points on online shopping etc. Plus enjoy S$80 rebate when you apply online:
More details, more OCBC cards & promotions:
- More on OCBC 360 Account: